Army Installation Management Command CYS Facility Director NF-04 in White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at White Sands Missile Range Middle School/Teen Center (MST).
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Child and Youth Services (CYS) Facility Director with responsibility for the operations of an assigned CYS Facility based program in accordance with all applicable regulation and standards.
- Implement and supervise a comprehensive program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth.
- Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of staff and the safety and wellbeing of children and youth in accordance with Department of Defense, Army and local policies and standards.
- Ensures compliance with health, fire, safety, facility and program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards and maintains Department of Defense certification for assigned CYS Facility.
- Develops and manages program budget.
- Works cooperatively with other CYS Managers to ensure seamless service and continuity of quality options for all children and youth.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to both on and off-post locations.
- #### Job family (Series)
1701 General Education And Training
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- A health assessment is required.
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
- Travel to on and off post locations required.
- Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority.
- Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
Experience meeting qualification requirements, whether it is minimum qualifications or best qualified criteria, MUST be reflected in resume to be considered eligible.
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in the fields appropriate to the position consistent with:
For positions in Youth Facilities: The education must have been in youth development, youth administration, education, home economics, physical education, elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science.
A combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in a subject matter field (24 semester hours) appropriate to the position (see above), plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above.
In addition to the basic requirements stated above candidate must possess the following:
12 months of professional experience in managing a child or youth facility is required. This experience must be equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower level to include the following: 1. Demonstrated experience in managing an entire cycle of operation of a CYS facility to include budgeting, facility management, supply management, program development, implementation, selection, training and supervision of personnel and curriculum oversight. 2. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions. 3. Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills. 4. Ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in writing analysis of budget variances.
- Experience in writing and utilizing Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Experience in developing policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Please note that this announcement has education requirements. Transcripts MUST be uploaded with your application packet in order to be considered eligible. Failure to upload complete and legible transcripts will result in an automatic ineligible rating!
In order to qualify, education must be within appropriate or related field as indicated in qualification requirements. Directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting) may be counted toward credit totals where appropriate. General psychology/sociology coursework is not qualifying.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA3434, Other Documents
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2:00PM MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
BW-NAF-W6CJAA USARMY GARRISON WHITE SANDS DO NOT MAIL White Sands Missile Range, NM US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496821700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/13/2018 to 04/19/2018
Salary: $53,971 to $65,000 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent